Welcome!

If you are stopping by to check out my photos, please note that I am in the early, EARLY stages of being a beginner photographer. This is basically just my way of showing off the things that I am proud of, what I have learned and a place to just record what I have already done... That's all, really. I discovered my love for taking pictures only a few years ago, and now I am discovering and trying to develop this love into something more. Thanks for stopping by!
None of these pictures are yours. Please don't take them unless you have my permission to do. Thank you.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Just for fun...


While visiting with family I found this fun spot in the river? stream? Whatever... but thought I'd try to capture it with a slow shutter speed. I didn't bring my tripod, so I had to crouch down and balance my camera on my knee to keep it steady. Then I messed around with free editing software called Gimp. (I think) I had fun, totally boosted color and things like that... I have NO idea how to edit photos, but this was just fun to play around with. Someday I'll learn how to do this correctly. :) Until then, it was fun!

3 comments:

Jessica Marie said...

You did an AMAZING job! Love it!

Paul and Susan said...

Nice shot!

Lindsay said...

Love the pic. You should try getting some polarizing filters for the camera then you can do cool effects like they do with waterfalls. :)

Like this:
http://butterflylr.deviantart.com/gallery/#/do8y0o

Except mine is crappy and from years ago.